I just love corn flake chicken. Baked not fried, easy to make, the corn flakes offer a wonderful flavor to the chicken. You can buy the corn flakes crumbs already made or buy a box of cereal and grind them down yourself for a chunkier crust. Make a lot because leftovers are delicious. Reheat the chicken on some parchment paper in the oven to crunch up the chicken crust.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1.5
- 1 3/4 cups corn flakes crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 lbs broiler chicken pieces rinsed and dried
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Mix milk, egg, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip chicken in batter.
- Roll and cover in corn flake crumbs.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken.
- Bake for 1hr at 350º.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.