Fried matzah is a Jewish tradition and is kosher for Passover. There are many variations of fried matzah. Experiment with cook time, amount of egg and break sizes to get it the way you like best.
Author: Jared Lantzman
Prep time: 5 mins
- 3 pieces of matzah
- 1/8 cup water
- touch of salt
- 2-3 eggs
- olive oil or olive oil spray
- In a bowl, mix two eggs and water.
- Soften matzah under hot running water until soft.
- Break matzah into pieces between 1 one inch to 1/2 inch and mix into egg mix
- Grease frying pan with olive oil or olive oil spray.
- Pan fry for desired texture. (Some prefer soft while some prefer more crispy)
- Lightly Salt
- Add a sunny-side-up egg over the top (Optional)
- Serve while warm
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.