Grouper is a light flaky reef fish that is very popular in the gulf of Florida. It is also my personal favorite. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission protect the fish as certain species and sizes must be thrown back. Grouper can be served in sandwiches, nuggets and fillets. It is a pricey fillet and you may do a double take when you see the price, but it is well worth it. Shoppers should be careful they are buying real grouper. The price should be over $13 per pound. Anything less would be suspect.
This easy to prepare lemon zest recipe is a great way to prepare a home cooked meal for dinner. It can be served as a fillet or on a bun as a sandwich with french fries or steamed vegetables.
Lemon Zest Grouper Fillet Ingredients
- 2 tsp. Old Bay with Lemon Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 lemon sliced thin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Rosemary & thyne to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
Lemon Zest Grouper Fillet Instructions
- Wash fish and pat dry.
- Cook fish over medium heat on olive oil.
- Season with Old Bay seasoning and a splash of lemon juice.
- Cook both sides about 3 minutes until browned.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil, butter, garlic, wine, lemon juice, rosemary and thyme.
- Brush sauce over grouper.
- Garnish with fresh vegetables