This spaghetti squash, roasted chickpeas & vegetables recipe is a filling vegetarian dish. The variety of vegetables mixes color, texture and taste.
Author: Naomi Lantzman
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 48 mins
Total time: 58 mins
Spaghetti Squash Roasted Chickpeas & Vegetables Recipe Ingredients
- 8 pearl onions
- 2 sweet onions
- 3 sweet peppers
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 large garlic bulbs
- 16 oz chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Itlalian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
Spaghetti Squash Roasted Chickpeas & Vegetables Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400˚ and lay foil on two cookie sheets.
- Heat 2 spaghetti squash in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Slice in half, remove seeds and rub olive oil inside spaghetti squash.
- Slide top and bottom off pearl onions, large sweet onions onto onion rounds, sweet peppers lengthwise, zucchini in half and then lengthwise and slice 3 garlic bulbs in half, then slide off top and bottom.
- Pour 3 Tbsp. of olive oil over vegetables to coat. Mix around vegetables then sprinkle with 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Rinse and pat dry 16 ounces of chickpeas and place on other cookie sheet with foil. Coat with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 45 minutes. Roast chickpeas for 25 minutes.
- Divide chickpeas into centers of squash
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.