A warm apple crisp is the perfect dessert to bring to summer gatherings. You can even add ice cream as a topping to mix the elements of warm and cool.
Author: Samantha K.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium cooking apples
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of margarine or butter, make sure it’s soft enough to spread
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 scoops of ice cream (any flavor – optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375º.
- Cut each apple into 4 sections and make sure to cut out the apple core and seeds. Use a knife or peeler to cut the apple peel off.
- Cut each apple into slices and it should total about 4 cups. Put the apple slices into a pan.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Use a spoon to equally stir these ingredients. Sprinkle this mixture over the apple slices. Pour the water over the apples.
- Mix the flour, granulated sugar and margarine into a bowl. Use your hand to mix these ingredients until they are a crumbly texture. Sprinkle the mixture over the apple slices.
- Bake for 45 mixtures or until the apples have soften and the top a golden brown color. Cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Cut and ready to serve.
Sharyn Lantzman says
I made your Apple crisp substituting peaches for the apples. It was delicious.