Lukshen Kugel or Noodle Kugel is a great alternative to a potato side dish. This recipe was given to me 42 years ago by my aunt Beverly at a recipe shower that was thrown for me when I was engaged. I’ve always loved this sweet casserole served with breaded chicken.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr 35
- 1 12oz. package of wide egg noodles (cook as directed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 3/4 – 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2-3 apples grated
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- Cook egg noddles as instructed on package.
- Add 3 beaten eggs, margarine, sugar, cinnamon, apples and raisins.
- Bake in oven for 1hr 15 mins at 350˚ covered at first and uncovered for last 30 mins.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.