Who doesn’t like lemon? If a lemon pie and a butter cookie had a baby the results would be these lemon squares. This lemon squares recipe is always a hit!
Author: Sharyn Glasser Lantzman
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Lemon Squares Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Lemon Squares Instructions
- Heat oven to 350˚.
- Mix flour, margarine and powdered sugar.
- Press in 8×8 inch ungreased baking pan building up 1/2 inch edges.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Beat remaining ingredients together until light and fluffy for three minutes.
- Bake until no indentation remains when touched in center for about 25 minutes.
- Cut into 1-inch squares and serve.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.