This classic BBQ chicken recipe features an old hand crafted BBQ sauce handed down from generations. The photo above shows it marinated over wings, but you can also marinate over any cut of chicken. Reapplying the mixture during the cooking process will result in a bolder flavor.
Author: Jocelyn Stern Glasser
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1
Total time: 1
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light or dark molasses
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Dash of pepper
- Garlic powder to taste
- 3lbs of chicken cut up or wings.
- In sauce pan, combine all ingredients, except chicken and simmer 1-20 mins.
- Place chicken in shallow baking pan, brush with the prepared sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 375˚ for 1 hour, basting occasionally with more sauce.
- Simmer remaining sauce 10 minutes more and pass with the chicken.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.