Looking for a great Passover recipe that doesn’t just taste like Matzah? Look no further than Apple Matzah Kugel. The cinnamon-raisin and apple flavor makes this side dish taste like a treat.
Author: Mrs. Barach
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr 40 mins
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Matzos
- 5 1/3 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 1/3 cup sliced apples
- Break matzos into small pieces.
- Soak matzos in cold water for 5 minutes and drain.
- Beat eggs and add milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt, raisins, apple slices and drained matzos.
- Mix well.
- Pour into lightly buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Set casserole in a shallow pan of water and bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut and serve.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.