I’m not a big fan of traditional Passover desserts. Lots of eggs, orange and lemon. Every year I try to rework one of my favorite non Pesach desserts into a new holiday favorite. This cheesecake is this year’s successful adaptation. Add fruit to the top (optional).
Author: Sharyn Glasser Lantzman
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hr 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr 35 mins
Ingredients for Crust
- 1 cup macaroon crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
Ingredients for filling
- 32 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. cake meal
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
Instructions for crust
- Mix crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 325˚ for 10 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake 300˚ for 10 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.)
Instructions for filling
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, cake meal and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Add eggs, mixing on low speed until well blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325˚ for 65-70 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan. (Bake 300˚ for 65-70 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.)
- Run a knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen the cheese cake.
- Cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
- Slice and serve.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.