If you are looking for a hearty vegetable soup recipe on those cold winters days, this is the soup for you. This recipe from my late mother, Jocelyn Glasser, is thick and rich. It is definitely a crowd pleaser.
Author: Sharyn Glasser Lantzman
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 2 hrs
Total time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- 32 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 7 oz barley
- 7 oz navy beans
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 cans of tomato soup
- 32 oz canned tomatoes diced
- 1 cup white rice
Vegetable Soup Instructions
- Boil water.
- Add salt & pepper and beans, barley and rice.
- When beans get soft, add frozen vegetables and cubed potatoes.
- Put in can of cut up tomatoes and can of tomato soup without water.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.